View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 04:05 AM   #24
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
OldOwner: The color is unique and quite rare, and it is the closest in the color spectrum of all the 10-15 Camaros to a purple 5th gen. It will make the car stand out more and you won't encounter many like it. I personally saw one that color on a dealer lot back in 2014, and besides that, have only ever seen one out on the road since then, so it speaks to the rarity of the color. Mine is also a one model year only color (Blue Velvet metallic / 2015) as far as 5th gens go. However, they had a Dark Blue like that every year of the 5th gen run, so not as noticeable unless someone knows that. Imperial Blue Metallic for 2010-2012, Blue Ray Metallic for 2013-2014, and Blue Velvet for 2015, and the Blue Velvet is extremely close to Blue Ray, so much so that they take the same touch up in aftermarket touch up paint. Plus Blue Velvet carried over to 2016 on the 6th gens so not as rare as yours by any stretch of the imagination.

Aftermarket rims can be cheap and break, so if you go that route, make sure you research and choose some forged ones that are quality. The weight tradeoff is usually worth it over stock, so long as you get good ones. You're in Arizona, so you should be able to run a wider variety of tire types without as much concern for the weather as us midwest guys have to be.

Flea:WV is where I run my car on mountain roads quite a bit when I travel there. I bet your 21 inch wheels are a frustration point for sure when it comes to tires that fit them. That Hot wheels edition sure has a nice blue color though that is also quite rare. I like it a lot.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote