View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #17
stevey_frac

Drives: 2010 LT2/RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
No offense and I say this in the nicest way possible but if you're going to be going FI, you're going to have to be ready to keep up with FI. No FI is completely pain free. The IPF kit gets close but you'll still need to do oil changes on the blower. You'll also probably want to have an AFR gauge to make sure everything is running accordingly. You have to realize that when you go FI, things can go wrong and if they do, just be ready to deal with them.
No offence taken. I want to know what I'm in for, and I appreciate you guys taking the time to discuss it with me. Oil changes on the blower are no problem. What's the lubricant worth... $30 / change or so? No biggy. I was planning on getting a gauge pod setup on my A-pillar with AFR and boost. AFR because it's useful, boost because it's sexy.

I'm not expecting it to be pain free. I'm just hoping it won't be a never ending hassle that makes me regret the car. What Magnum was going through with the plugs and tunes would be about my limit. Hopefully that was something to do with his other mods.

That fuel economy is similar is good. Has anybody written off any transmissions or motors yet with the IPF kit? I know vader wrote off a driveshaft, but that's not to bad. Wouldn't want to be eating tranny's though.
275 / 40 / 20 Continental ExtremeContact DW's on all corners

Next up:
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe (Purchased but not installed)
EBC Redstuff street pads
Carbotech XP8 / XP12 track pads
1LE Track Pack

Note: This car built by JDP Motorsports!
stevey_frac is offline   Reply With Quote