View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 01:11 AM   #52
SuperchargedStealth

Drives: '11 Camaro Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
my dealer changes the oil for $15. I get it changed right before and right after each event weekend.

I'm still not sure what broke the chain
I am sure that the cam lobe wear is the same as many have been experiencing for the past few months. it is a comp cams core and was installed July 2013. I think mine lasted longer than other folks though and to be honest, I did not notice any loss of power so they were not worn as bad as some.

I had myself convinced that the cam was stuck because the chain was still on the cam gear and I couldn't move the cam by hand. I guess the spring tension and bent valves were too much for me to rotate the cam. I will go back with the katech c5r chain this time.
Just reading this and had some thought. They chain may have broken from too much tension or because it caught one of the sprocket teeth. How do they look?
The cam and lifters, at first glance look like oil starvation, but after reading your build, I see that you had a oil pump. The only thing I can think of is that the rockers were over-torqued putting too much pressure on the pushrods.
2011 Triple Black SS convertible, LSX 427, PRC 260cc heads, Callies Ultra Billet Rods, Wiseco -20 cc piston, Callies Dragon Slayer crank, Strange Dana 60 rear w/3.73 gear ratio and driveshaft, Pfadt coilovers, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt trailing arms, Pfadt tie rods, Pfadt subframe bushings, Vortech YSi with wastegate and twin BOV, Haltech ECU, Mantic 9000 Twin Clutch, ALKY control meth system with dual nozzle, Squash twin fuel pumps, ACS T3 ports, VIS Terminator Hood, Seibon ZL style lip.
SuperchargedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote