View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #17
fish907

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastchick View Post
My husband and I are moving to Anchorage from Kentucky this summer and Im wondering how much I will actually be able to drive my car there and what mods I should do to it before we move.
Prime driving season is usually from May through September. We usually get our first snow by Halloween, but it can be as late as December (like last year). However, it's usually pretty cold by November, snow or not. I usually start driving in March, though, since I'm really impatient. Many folks won't want to drive during March/April because it's 'break-up' season, which means lots of water and silt. Welcome to Alaska, in advance! I ate sand out of a park in Ft. Campbell, KY when I was a baby, haha (my oldest memory).

I would really love to see something like this happen this year. If anyone wants to take the lead on organizing this, that would be great. I can still offer our lot as a starting or ending point with food/prizes, but my free time is a bit strained right now, so I don't know if I should take point on this.
fish907 is offline   Reply With Quote