View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 09:17 AM   #10
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Firehawk sounds like you with your budget should do the LSA conversion (1.9), in many threads on here, your light on the cam and converter budget that's more like just the parts cost.....more reasonable to say 4 grand for those with install......you have to pull heads on a l99, added PITA for a l99, then new lifters and buckets and AFM delete change over the cam from l-99 to one with VVT or a ls3 type and change out the cam phaser etc.....and don't forget a dyno tune with hp tuning usually around $500 included in the install.....Believe me it adds up. Add just the costs of the parts; new lifters, new pushrods, new cam and phaser, new lifter baskets, new head gaskets, new tty head bolts, new cam gear, new springs and retainers, rocker trunnion upgrade?, stock pump ok for l99, but better timing chain? requires expert at sneaking in pan or dropping front cradle...and you want them to separate the trans and reinstall......with new converter$$ , the theres the new balancer bolt, the new front cover gaskets, new a/c charge on most, new radiator fluid a couple oil changes with filter, dyno tune...… And yes I use the best I can a br30 driven racing break in oil and dyno break in for 20-30 minutes.... etc its just a lot of costs.