View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #1085
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Got an early start and had a very, very productive day. First thing was to address the starter issue, I ran a jumper wire to the solenoid and the starter engaged properly, not sure what happened overnight but it no longer ran on it's own so I connected everything and attempted to crank it with the ignition and it worked correctly but for some reason my voltage meter shit the bed. Regardless everything else including all the other gauges are working correctly so I moved on. Permanently connected all the ground cables and finished off some loose ends with the wiring to the engine. I was expecting my steam vent fittings and e brake caliper to show up Tuesday but got an email saying delivery was updated to today so I moved on to connecting a temporary fuel line and tying up a few other loose ends. The parts did come in, the fittings for the steam vent are pretty cool, they come in various configurations but I got a pair with one single and one double fitting to keep things simple. They swivel so can be positioned in various ways which solved the issue of clearance with the fuel pump. After installing them no one local had hose ends to fit them but I luckily had some -4 AN brake hoses that we used on bikes years ago, now they're mostly -3AN. The lines are longer than needed but they allowed me to get them connected and functional for now. With the starter working right, the steam vents installed and finishing off the loose ends the car was ready to start, my son had the day off so I had someone here to assist me and there was no way I was going to wait for tomorrow, cranked it over with the distributor disconnected to make sure everything looked right and get some fuel in the system, then connected the distributor and it came to life. Sounds great and has excellent throttle response. I only set the timing by ear and haven't made any adjustments to the carb yet but it seems to be pretty close. I have a few pictures of the fittings for the steam vents and a short video clip. The pictures are below but I'm having trouble loading the video but will as soon as I figure out why I can't import it from my phone. I am very, very happy with the way it's running so far. Unfortunately I still have no brakes so I guess I'll be finishing the brake lines next so I can jack it up and cycle the transmission.
Attached Images

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote