View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #150
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero05 View Post
YES I have seen one and I can ASSURE you it will not work on the V6!. The carrier assembly on the V6 car is different that the V8!. Those that have the hurst on the v6 car are using the aftermarket Hurst unit #3916030
I know the carriers are different, I just want to know why it was V8 only. The aftermarket shifters out currently fit both v6 and v8 despite the difference in the carriers. What I want to know is if the carrier assembly is replaced with the factory Hurst option, or just the shifter itself. If its just the shifter itself it may fit in a V6 Camaro. I installed the aftermarket Hurst on my car, and the notchy feeling is becoming less pleasing over time.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote