View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 02:23 PM   #174
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
NCM runs in the rain as long as it's not flooded in the low areas... would be a track judgement call. I ran there for a HPDI after the rains hit. Track was safety checked first to make sure.

BTW, with windows down also even if there is rain. Lighting/thunderstorms would be a different call altogether... JOHNSONROD would know for sure...

-Don
you nailed it Don. ive never seen it rain out an entire day in the summer. we lost most of a day when i was working for extreme experience, but that was in the spring, and they were concerned about letting me drive 1/3 millon dollar cars in standing water. in ky in july it could pop up a thunder banger at any time, but its usually hot n dry. they usually run in damp and even wet track condition but not in standing water. if it pops up a storm, jimmy will go out and blow the water and turtles off the track. then we will go back out. the pros claim you learn more in the wet than the dry. i prefer the dry. i guess that means im an amateur.
i got the brick back together and went over tuesday for a shake down on street tires. car is tight. nice.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote