View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
overall, damn good plan.
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut you forgot the most important part.....

TUNING.

a good tune can tweak everything and bump your numbers.

the only thing that I see you should change tho:

Quote:
I’m going to split the vacuum line for the MAP sensor to two additional places. The first will be a stage 2 methanol injection system (the injector will be installed in the final space right before the throttle body). Basically what this means is that once the engine reaches a certain RPM the methanol will spray into the air stream at a rate based on intake pressure, which will cool the air and increase the charge density.
where is the second vacuum line going to? I would imagine you plan on it going to the AFR. right?

tho you might have to tap and plumb a line for it cus it looks as tho the stock MAP sensor is right in the middle of the intake manifold.

as for the mehanol progressive controller, you can just splice into the electrical lines to get your MAP readings instead of splitting the vacuum tubing. I say this cus splitting the vacuum tubing could give you false readings as you are pulling a vacuum from 2 lengths of line instead of just 1.

and again back to tuning. the LLT is tuned for 87 octane. run 93 and a 50/50 mix of water/meth and you are effectively running about 114 octane while it is spraying. which will allow you to tune and get some very nice numbers.

but like I said. overall. nicely thought out plan. and remember some of the stuff you will be able to do yourself based on your personal mechanical abilities. other things... we can walk you thru...lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote