View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #13
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
It's not any different except you need to do your research on your defensive players. it's two extra challenges on top of standard fantasy football leagues.

1) you need to pick players who will score more points (Ray lewis from Baltimore may be the defensive leader, but Ed Reed scored more fantasy points then Ray Ray last year)

2) you need to figure out when you want to draft IDPs mixed with the rest of your offensive players. Do you wait till the 9th round to start drafting IDPS, or do you really want a specific player and pick them in the 3/4/5/6 rounds?

It's a lot of fun. Last year was my first time in an IDP league and I won, so beginner's luck or not, it's really how you prepare for the draft. It doesn't any more skill than a standard league.
Yeah, that was my first time with as deep a roster as last year, though I had done a more limited IDP once.

I think the coolest thing about being in the IDP league is paying attention to defense more. TD's and yards on offense is sexy, but it's only one half of football.