Thread: P0442 code
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 06:03 PM   #9
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78nc View Post
I'm not sure if I can run a test. I'm using my SCT tuner to read codes. I have Corsa cat back exhaust and a Cai cold air intake that was on the car when I bought it used over a year ago. The only things I have done to the car is B&M deep trans pan and dip stick and then the tune with the SCT device tuned by dynosteve. When I lift the hood and take the engine cover off, I hear a sound like a vacuum leak but I didn't have any luck when I tried to find it. Also when I bought the car used it was as is with no warranty. I bought an extended warranty for it which at the time I was honestly just pumped to get the car so I didn't ask enough questions about the warranty so idk if it would cover any of this stuff. I was going to call the dealership tomorrow and see what they say. I was going to try and get a smoke test done on the car. Do you think I should try and get this done? I can more than likely fix whatever the issue is myself if I can just figure out where the issue is. I appreciate the help guys.

Mike
If it is a vacuum leak, the way we used to test for that was spray a little ether where the suspected leak may be while the engine is at idle. When the idle goes up you found the leak. Keep a fire extinguisher handy just in case.