View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Revolution
Owner of RRW

Drives: 12 ZL1 A6 white and 64 nova ss
First off a question, If your lifters have failed, What made them fail. If the car is a 2011 L99 it should be covered under warranty. I would most definitely let GM handle that and save your pennies right now.

To go for a turbo setup your best bet is to steer clear of any supercharger cams whatsoever. A magnacharger cam anything that is designed or picked around a roots style blower is meant to take advantage of the peak points when that particular unit moves air. Just like I won't pick a blower cam for a procharger and use it with a magnacharger. When it comes down to cam selection and making the most power even the twin screw versus the helical rotor blowers have a stern difference in where and how they flow air and what the dynamics of it are. The choices for the cam with your timing and valve events is key. I would say at the cost of a camshaft it costs me really not much more to have a custom grind spun and pick it depending on your turbo choice. I would steer clear of the "kit cams"

As for spring choices I would decide again the end result of the build is going to be. Picking the stiffest valve spring to keep up with the big lift cam's is not always going to be the best choice. You need the seat pressure but remember you don't want excessive seat pressure this will not only be tough on the valves locks and retainers but it will beat the crap out of the valve seats.

The ls3 conversion idea is solid. I would however again put out there how you want to spend your money. If you can get the work done under warranty I would start investing in parts to build yourself a forged shortblock. The forged short block even with stock l99 heads or Lsa heads is going to be a great platform for boost. Just doing good rods pistons and a set of rings gapped for boost and ARP hardware thoughout you are going to have something that is capable of big power and holding it versus just stabbing a cam in it and calling it a day.

If I can help in any way feel free to drop me a PM.