View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #241
avcbm

Drives: Camaro ZL1
It’s surprising that the ZL1 beats the Shelby on some tracks, but it’s even more surprising that a car with a 100 RWHP advantage and 300 LBS. weight advantage doesn’t win every track event. It seems its obvious ford had to react to the ZL1, and they did by throwing as much horsepower in to overcome the other short comings. What were seeing in the 13 Shelby was already seen in the 11 and 12 Shelby with mods. Walking around thumping your chest because you have an advantage is not impressive in my book, what’s impressive is when the less advantageous wins when it should not. Personally I think both cars are amazing for what they do, and the price you pay. As a matter of fact I was on the fence when I ordered my ZL1, but the ZL1 won based on my personal preference on what I was looking for. Yes the Shelby is a straight line terror, and not bad around a track. The ZL1 is a track monster, and not bad in a straight line. It’s very obvious that the Shelby when on any track uses its HP advantage in the straights to make up for lost time in the curves and the ZL1 uses the curves to make up for lost time in the straights. Take away the magnetic ride in the ZL1 and I’m willing to bet it doesn’t change that much. Take away the additional 100 RWHP from the Shelby and I bet things would get ugly. As noted form VIR with the large advantage it has over the 1LE and their times were very very very close. With this said both cars are what they are, choose your weapon and live with it…

2012 Camaro ZL1
2010 Camaro SS (Sold)
avcbm is offline   Reply With Quote