Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
You could just BLOWHARD.....

Wouldn't even need a compressor

Try this, let me know how it works

http://www.rockler.com/flexzillareg-...ngths-air-hose

You guys were talking about connectors and what-not doohicky things in the other thread, didn't know if it was covered or not.
OOOooooooooOOOOoooooo..... those couplers are pretty on that page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
Just my 2 cents.

Air compressor - big volume and quick recovery. You may decide you may want to paint or air sand an entire vehicle some day. I was lucky and inherited mine from my Dad's diesel shop. Must be 40 years old, but still strong with regular maintenance.

Noise - If you end up running power, I would recommend building a noise insulated dog house in or out of your shop. Much more pleasant for the operator.

Dry air - Get an air dryer for the life of your tools. Mo is better for any type of painting or tool life. I live in AZ, but the air tank still builds up water.

Hoses - NAPA paint hose work for me for general use. Kink proof and durable. But I make sure I keep the true paint hoses oil/contaminant free.

Tools - I've had my Chicago Pneumatic 3/4 air wrench for 20 plus years. Rated for more torque than most and still running strong. My Dad's one got away from me over the years, but its still in operation after 35 years. Just keep them oiled and dry.
All good info. It is humid as hell here so I may just do that. I have to drain water every time I use my compressor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
Just for fun - check out an air nibbler and a "zip gun" (aka air hammer). Zip gun makes short work of stodgy bolts and concrete if needed. Zip gun has saved from firing up the torch on several occasions. Nibbler makes short work of shaping aluminum.

Your post just reminded me that I need to get my toys out and lube them up.
Glad I can help.

Ya, I will be buying a paint gun soon. I have a few projects I'll be working on and I was told that the last thing you want is for the tool to get low and sputter.