View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 12:35 PM   #13
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
The big difference between the plugs is the tr6 has a projected tip. And br7 a non projected tip.

I think the point of Robs post (and mine) is that there IS a difference. We both find drive-ability suffers with the br7. I'm going to try opeing up the gap, since the location of the spark has moved inside the cylinder by about 1/8inch, maybe a bigger gap will help.

But ill probably be going back to TR6. Unless there is another 7 or 8 heat range copper plug anyone can suggest???
Your problem is NOT the plugs.

I've used many different plugs in mine over the years, and never has any of the plugs I've used posed the symptoms you're describing. Not the plugs, nor varying gaps.

As for plugs, if you dont limit yourself to tapered seat, there are plenty of options. Just depends exactly what you want. certainly in any cathedral heads I've used, whether taper or gasket...the plug ends up in the same place. And taper seat plugs are a rarity in the UK, so I wouldnt even consider using them, nor would I want to anyway.

Do you want recessed or normal projected nose ?

Normal projected in gasket type would be BCPR7ES, certainly readily available here in the UK, and what is in my LS at present.
Or if you wanted iridiums, NGK's BKR7EIX is very common. Denso do comparable iridiums too, IK or IQ22.

Denso's, Q22PRU would be a cross for the BCPR7ES, again cheap copper. Denso make good stuff.

Although it is not readily available in the US, BCR8ES is plentiful in the UK/Europe and is a cheap copper recessed nose plug.
ALthough by time you bought then and shipped back to the US....probably more than you'd want to spend and you may not want the recessed plug anyway.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote