View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 03:18 PM   #617
ReverendRF

Drives: 2010 1SS
GM service adviser called me back on 04/02/2018 and said that they communicated back to the dealer and confirmed that Techline said that adding controls was no longer supported.

Was able to reach the Service adviser on 04/03/2018 for more clarification, including that the GM Service Advisers that Customer Support escalates to is unable to directly contact resources at Techline. GM SA put me in contact with the customer service manager at the dealership. I explain to the customer service manager my concerns and they say they will follow up with my initial service adviser from my dealership appointment.

04/04/2018 - I call and leave a voicemail for the dealer customer service manager asking to be updated.

04/06/2018 - I call the dealer customer service manager who answers and says they will get in touch with my initial service adviser for more information. Later on 04/06/2018 the initial SA calls me back, saying Techline still says it is unsupported and claims they have called again - getting the same answer.

At this point I have no information other than Techline - who can not be contacted directly by a customer - says adding Steering Wheel Controls to a 2010 Camaro is 'not supported' - without further detail on what 'not supported' actually means. The dealer believes this to mean they no longer have the software - which is frustrating and confusing.

After this conversation I call ACDelco and get to talk to a Programming support rep. AC Delco provides GM subscriptions for Vehicle programming and software. My intent is to see if AC Delco has the software for the car available and utilize this as leverage to get Techline to complete the request.

AC Delco provides more detail on 'Not supported'. Somewhat recently - although much to my displeasure I do not have a document of this - GM Stated that due to issues caused by re-calibrations, not to issue them for certain RPO codes; NZL is one of these codes. This hold placed by GM seems to mean that no-one, not Techline, not AC Delco, can provide a VCI and download a new configuration to a 2010 or 2011 BCM that did not have the option originally activated. GM's hold on these re-calibrations did not have an expected end date from what I was told by AC Delco.

Massively displeased at the time and money this has cost me to come to the answer that GM will not allow my vehicle to be updated. I am uncertain why activating the steering wheel controls for volume and audio is so restricted - but it appears I am at the end of the line for getting these buttons activated by a first or even a third party.

If any one else tries to do this - triple check with your dealer that they can add this software before you try - have them call Techline before you show up if need be. If anyone hears different on this calibration hold GM has placed on the steering wheel controls for 2010-2011 Camaros - please make a mention of it.

Otherwise - I am open to suggestions on how to enable this function on my vehicle.
ReverendRF is offline   Reply With Quote