View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #33
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I have no idea...

Holy crap... how did that happen? I'll be visiting S'port pretty soon.
I don't live in S'port anymore....I've moved (yet again)...I now live in Montgomery AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I think bonnie or someone introduced me to you in the parking lot at one of the after parties. I recognised a bunch of people either through introducing myself or at least when people entered the car show. Its tough to meet people but I was on a mission this year. Judging took the WHOLE day so I wasn't able to meet as many people as I wanted still. I had a blast though andlook forward to meeting more people next time.
My husband introduced us when he learned who you were. Was nice to put a face to the name (and to know the right way to say the name!)

------

In addition to the photo thread idea, maybe we could do a slide show that has pictures of each person with their car and their screen name and just let it play on a loop during the meet and greet. That way the person and their car and screen name are all fresh right there at the Fest.

On a separate but related issue, Saturday at the Fest, a guy I was parked next to said a heavy set lady with blonde hair and a blue shirt was asking about the owner of my car. He said she has some clear plaque looking thing in her hand and was asking if they knew who the driver was etc (which they didn't). He said she looked kind of "official"...well, it didn't dawn on me that she might be a Chevy person until now that I am seeing people posting about being recognized by Chevy employees with a nice plaque. I may be being a little presumptuous, but I am bummed that they might have been trying to give me one, but I was spending my time watching the drag races and not at my car. This situation could be resolved by maybe having a name associated with a license plate number when we register and then the person could be paged to report to their car or something like that.

I do hate "complaining" as I know how much work goes into all of this. Just trying to help make it better next year!!! Hopefully it will be closer to home (I am sure you hear that a lot! LoL!!)