View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #13
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgg60 View Post
when the tires are cold (below 40) they do a thing called trammeling which simply means that they have a mind of their own and want to go anywhere but straight!! they will follow any groves/ depressions in the road and any bumps will have them wanting to go left or right, you never know which!!
I noticed this driving mine home from the dealership, it was right around 40 degrees and just like you said - it just seemed to randomly wander. Coming from a truck, I just figured steering was more sensitive to an uneven road than what I was used to. Hasn't happened since.

On a similar note, until today (now that it's finally 70 degrees), the traction control has been kicking in getting into my driveway which I hit slow and at an angle to avoid rubbing any low bits. What a horrible sound - I called Chevrolet to ask if frequent TCS would cause damage or premature wear. They said no, but I have my doubts given the sound it makes. Either way, I'm sure glad it's getting warmer to see just how sticky this rubber can get!
bluBlud is offline   Reply With Quote