View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #49
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Unless your car is modded, you could hang with the Viper T/A only because he let you hang with him.

Stock vs stock, a TA will run away and hide from our cars with equal drivers in the cockpits.
You would think and that would be my first thought, but that was the 4th time I had tracked my car and first time at that track.(MSR in Houston 2.3mi) Hence the reason why I have an instructor riding in the front seat with me. I freely admit I am a novice at best when it comes to tracking, though I have been told I am rather enthusiastic.

The only mods to my car at that time was a Rotofab and a new set of Michelin PSS tires.

The instructor knew the the driver of the Viper as an experienced/regular driver at that track and was surprised that I was able to stay with him. It was also the first time he had sat in a ZL1. His ride was a 350Z.

Now was the Viper driver pushing his car as hard as he could? I can't answer for him, but from my perspective he sure as hell wasn't driving Miss Daisy. And it was truly a blast staying with him.

I have already said the Viper is a better car than the ZL1, but it should be for twice the cost. However, from my observation and for twice the cost it did not dominate the ZL1.

The only car that truly dominated me that day was a paper tag Porsche GT3. That thing.. WOW! you talk about performance, that car is truly epic.

My 2 cents..
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote