View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 09:59 AM   #52
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobysZL1 View Post
Good post but I would like to disagree that the viper is a better car.
Do some pulley swaps, full exhaust, cam and the regular bolt ons for minimal money and then go back out on that track. You'll soon change your opinion of that viper.
Thanks,

I still have not added additional power to my car, but I have improved the cooling and handling. I still enjoy the fact that I have a full warranty on the engine and drivetrain.

The Detroit Speed Front and Rear sway bars are a very noticeable improvement. And I have a Ron Davis LSA heat exchanger and D3 1/2 gallon SC coolant reservoir(all purchased from JDP!!!) with water wetter and my IAT's stay rock solid.

You are absolutely right about the mods, for minimal cost you can make the ZL1 run with just about anything. I may add more power over the summer.. We'll see. Would really like to get some PFadt Tri-Y headers when they become available again for the ZL1.

The one thing I would hesitate on upgrades for track use is a cam. Running WOT for an extended period of time with a different cam can be detrimental to the engine from other people I have talked with.. but who knows.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote