View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 04:44 AM   #3
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
-guess I got a lot of peoples' attention with my post this past week where I mentioned the "12 disciples of which there are 15" --

.......so I went back into the archives and found a post I made right after the selection process:

Here it is:

It's crucial that we get input on many product decisions from our enthusiast group. We normally get it from many sources -- including competitor owners......but I believe that it's absolutely necessary to get stuff in front of our enthusiasts....cuz what good is it if we build a car that doesn't deliver what you're looking for? (and please -- go back and read this last paragraph......we've talked to competitive owners -- and intenders -- )

Soooooo......

We went out to a "private" site that has about 1,000 members-- and posted an invitation for the members to submit an essay as to why they'd be ideal for a Camaro Summit. (before someone starts with 'why didn't you post it on all sites??' -- keep in mind that everyone is quite busy right now -- and frankly while it might be interesting to read thru a thousand or more essays, we simply don't have the time to do so.......further, we think we have a great cross-section of enthusiasts)

We received less essays that I'd thought we'd get......but the ones we got were GREAT.........

We tried to balance the group based on male/female -- HH Income -- Geographic Location -- Camaro/Firebird/Corvette ownership -- those active in clubs and the internet -- and -- most importantly-- AGE..........

And so I'm pleased to announce the group:

· Mr. Dan Porcaro -- High Bridge, NJ
· Ms. Cara Ferguson -- San Antonio, TX
· Ms. Selena Muhoberac -- Kenner, LA
· Mr. Jeremy Donovan -- Wallops Island, VA
· Mr. Jason Debler -- Clinton Twp, MI
· Ms. Sherrie Slocum -- Akron, OH
· Ms. Maggie Finn -- Colton, OR
· Ms. Cetera Heino -- Hillsboro, OR
· Mr. Chris Livote -- Chester, NY
· Mr. Kevin Kolvenbach -- Pine Bush, NY
· Mr. Elie Garfinkel -- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
· Ms. Janet Curran -- Yucaipa, CA

Three alternates were also selected for the summit in the event any of the original twelve selected participants can not attend. The three alternates are:

· Mr. Tim DeYoung -- South Holland, IL
· Mr. Art Schroeder -- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
· Ms. Millicent Odell -- Dallas, TX

We'll host them at the GM Proving Grounds in Milford, MI in May of this year.......

Now is a good time to let your thoughts be known -- as you can see, there are a couple of members from this site that were selected.
we should be SO WORTHY. Post away, My Friend!!!

PS - Elie - are you married? If not, I'd like to propose a "Camaro match, made in Heaven."

Oh, yah - I forgot to add "I LOVE YOU!"

LOL