View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 03:17 PM   #11
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
The value of a new car drops every day. It's not an investment in any way, shape or form. Thus you should put as little money into it as possible. Leasing can be great, if the lease is a good deal. Add up all the monthly payments and the downpayment and see how much you're actually spending total. People who are flat out against leasing no matter what, don't understand leasing.
yup. I'd never leased before getting our '17 Cruze. Comparing it to the '09 malibu we bought new and sold 8.5 years and 157k (and 2 transmissions) later: The depreciation on bought vs sold price and taken by month... the malibu was almost 2x this cruze. If I figure by miles driven rather than month, the bu was almost 50% more than the cruze. If I add in the cost of repairs that I did on the bu, it makes buying look dumb. For daily drivers, if you can find a good deal on a lease, it can make a lot of sense. I have not touched the Cruze, and will only be on the hook for one oil change. Then turn it in and get something else.

Would I lease a Camaro for non-DD use? probably not...
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote