View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 07:57 AM   #52
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
Ted, I wanted to bring this up since I am on torn between going E85 or Meth.

After talking with a very very respectable South Florida Tuner (take a guess $$$$$$) they suggest not using the flex fuel sensor and running a dedicated tune for E85, and another one for 93. I can't say I fully understood, but it was something to do with the sensor/tune not performing the math correctly to adjust timing to make either tune optimal (when using the sensor).

Do you know what they meant, and can you elaborate? I think he said it doesnt adjust the timing. I thought that was the whole point of the flex sensor.
I do many Flex fuel conversions and I always tune on 93 first then while on the dyno add E-85.

The Sensor sees the Alcohol content, LTFT, and AFR stays the same and timing is automatically added and power increases are typically 50+ RWHP on FI cars.

I would be happy to provide you with parts and tuning for your ride to convert to flex fuel.

No need for 2 separate tunes and that does not work well because there is alway residual fuel and you never know what you will get at the pump.

You need the sensor to tell the computer the alcohol content so fueling and timing are optimized for any mixture.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote