View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 10:17 AM   #70
96SS390

Drives: 2006 BOM GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude87 View Post
I appreciate it, but I'm gonna try and get a ZL1
I would kind of "T" of this guys thoughts. I was considering between a 14/15 ZL1 and a Z28 both of which are normally in the mid to high $30's.

I was not a huge fan of the ZL1/early gen front bumpers and the Z28 was just a little to "track" focused for me (i.e. CC Brakes are insanely expensive for the street use).

I ended up finding the 1LE as a good alternative. I personally think the styling mark of the 14/15 1LE is the best of the (3) with the matte hood although I do have aftermarket Z28 spoiler and grille.

That being said why I throw this out there is you can still get some of the same perks but at a huge discount. Recaros, TR6060, 3.91 gears, ZL1 Toe Links, Axles, etc..

The kicker here is that then gives you a huge buffer in price to build what you want.

I paid $20k for my 2015 1SS/1LE with 15k miles on it. It was a Recaro car and already had cam/headers/cai. That gives me another $15-18k to reach the price point I would have paid for a stock ZL1 or Z28.

I plan on swapping for a Blower Cam and installing a TVS2300 and will be out the door for under $30k. The car will be very comparable to a ZL1, still have similar rarity as 1LE had low production numbers, and the only thing I am missing is forged internals of which the LS3 is highly capable of handling what I am looking at.

This being said I am sure you know all this as if I remember correctly your friend had pretty much the exact car I am looking to build lol.
96SS390 is offline   Reply With Quote