View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #1
kramard

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
GT350 vs Z/28 vs 6th Gen SS 1LE

Got a chance to do a number of hot laps in a gt350 while the owner took my Z. We both are fast drivers - equally matched and have chased each other at VIR etc. The 350 was on 300 TW tires while my Z had Trofeos on it... in short Ford built a hell of a machine. I had the car in track mode with a flip of the traction switch but clearly it was in some mode that controlled slip angle for you. Once the rear would break free it would hold the slide at the given angle for as long as you like while you kept the gas pinned. Best traction control system I've ever experienced. Puts PTM5 to shame.

I was faster and braking later but couldn't pass him without a point. The 350 would gap me down the main straight even though I was on throttle sooner. In the turns Don said all he could see in the rear view mirror was "flow tie". We live in an awesome generation where we have so many options. Huge compliment to the Z... Don almost wanted to trade keys then and there haha. I also really liked the the 350.

Don also took a 6th Gen SS 1LE out... also on 300 TW tires vs my Trofeos. I was easily able to pass the 1LE without a point and ran from it about a second+ a lap. The 1LE and Z/28 were matched on the straight but was able to run in the twisty stuff.

I'll post pics and video later in the week but still living on a high from the awesome duel.
kramard is offline   Reply With Quote