View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I clear bra'd my 1LE the day I bought it. Rock chips happen. You guys on the east coast usually deal with the salt during the winter where we deal with the gravel out here (no salt). My 1996 Acura was so pock marked with rock chips it looked like the surface of the moon when I sold it. My only theory is that since this has been such an unusual winter that your street department is probably using more gravel this winter then normal because of the shortage or quality of the salt they are spreading. If you're worried, clear bra it. I know it's a lease though so I understand if you don't want to. I seriously doubt that you'll get hit for excess wear and tear when you turn it in if that's all that's wrong. They can't honestly think they'll get back a perfect car. Personally, I'd just touch it up and move on. No company makes bullet proof paint, and I seriously doubt that complaining to GM about paint chipping after the winter we've had will go very far. I tend to drive mine on the regular streets rather than the freeway just because rock chip are less frequent at lower speeds, you can always make your commute on lower speed streets... Just sayin.