Thread: Team 1LE
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #267
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
10. Differential Upgrade / Swap. We go to the ZL1 differential because it is stronger in case and in function. It will put power down in the tuns, better than the 1LE. It also is designed for a cooler, but you'll plumb your to a rear mounted cooler (no extra weight up front). We want the 1LE gears so that means we swap between the two units. There is a bit more involved, but you get the idea..
I found for my driving style this is the biggest problem I have at stock power levels...The rear diff "opens/slips" and I will blaze the inside tire on corner exit. I have been told my "the man" that this is common only in 10/10ths driving situations in the 1LE.

I chose not to use the Zl1 set-up as I dont want to add the weight penalty to the car (It is a heavy assy) and I don't plan on anything more than bolt-ons down the road (maybe 500whp) and drag racing will be limited. I am following the Z/28 lead (torson diff) but my timing doesnt allow me to wait for it to become available through the dealers so I am going with an Eaton Detroit Trutrac (mechanical similar/same style) over the winter.

-Matt