View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #2338
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
That doesn't sound good. Does this mean Brandi will be resting until the new tranny comes or do you have a tranny suitable for light exercise?
I can drive it if I skip 4th gear all the time...

Sorry, lil frustration bubbling up there...

Yes, I can drive her if needed, but I don't want to risk anything else due to a pos tranny... I doubt anything would happen, but what if it decided to stop shifting into any gear and left me on the side of the road somewhere... I know... devils advocate... but at this point...I have no faith in the pos trans...

I sent Corey the links for the RSG Transzilla... Chris said he saw it at PRI and loved it... I looked at the site and if they back it up at all, I think I'm going to go that route... Others have mentioned the gears wont hold the power... I heard the Black Pig ended up with straight cut gears...Not sure and cant swear to it... The transzilla has 9310 material gears and shafts... (input and output) and I can get it with the SFI bell housing... I'll talk to them and see what they say...

Rick at RKT 56 was very helpful... and at this point, I want something that works and will hold...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote