Thread: Engine for Z/28
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #98
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I have no doubt the new DI V8 is absolutely going to be turbocharged at some point and out of the box the NA version more fuel efficient and more powerful than the current LS3 A DI V8 Z/28 would be at least 4 or five years out. That is a long tome to wait.

The reviews I get from people that should know tell me the ATS is an awesome chassis. I also hear a few not so positive comments. We'll all know very soon how close the ATS is in terms of road manners from every auto rag out there.
About those stiff bushes, I was hoping for no step out. Is it possible to design the suspension to have compliant bushes that will only allow movement in the plane of the suspension travel?

Won't the ATS be comfortable with 18 inch wheels?

Thanks for the analysis of my dream Z28. It's just a dream.

I can wait for that dream, no hurry. I like my 5th Gen SS, so I will drive it for a while and have fun while I wait. Right now it probably would perform at about 95% of the proposed LS7 Z28. Maybe with some lightweight wheels it would be even closer.

A 5th gen Camaro cannot be the Z28 I dream of. Too big and too heavy. My dream Z28 is ATS sized. But I wonder if all that weight savings has created a less than rigid chassis. Looking forward to the full analysis.

Will you be Pedderizing the ATS? I suppose that higher HP turbo 4 manual will be the car to have.