View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #7
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
I live in Virginia and I've never heard of that here. I've had friends who were ticketed for "Disturbing the Peace" because of their sound systems, but never exhaust. If it really is a law here I'm going to have to tip off a few officers about the annoying ass motorcycles that go past my house at all hours of the day and night. They're so loud you can't hear the TV in the basement when they go by.
Where in VA do you live? It is extremely bad in the Hampton Roads area (757). I lived there with a modified Accord and Supra, both vehicles received countless fix-it tickets while I lived there.

They're so bad that when I first started doing stuff to the Accord in 2001, it was just lowered with an intake tube on it, I got pulled over for improper exhaust. I told him the exhaust was 100% stock from the factory. He said there's no way because he heard me accelerating. I told him he probably heard the intake. He said the exhaust has a chrome tip on it. I literally laughed at him and explained that all Hondas have a chrome little cover over the exhaust, just that they usually rust off in a couple years and mine gets washed regularly so it's still shiny.

He argued with me for 15 minutes about it and finally gave up. But there are plenty of stories around of being given tickets for improper equipment. The Virginia Statute (I can look it up if you don't believe me, I don't feel like it at the moment) states that ANY MODIFICATION TO THE VEHICLE NOT FROM THE FACTORY is illegal and may be fined. And I was fined, pretty extensively.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote