View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
So, I've already got a Wrangler. It's an '09. It was meant to be a 3rd vehicle, so, we found it lightly used at the end of 2010 with only 1500 miles on it. But...it's got no options. NONE. Front floormats were an option, and this rig didn't have 'em. I've put about 20k on it so far, and it's a hoot to drive. I've also pushed it to its limits a few times on some overland travel trips, offroad. Open diffs with the brake-lock are surprisingly capable.

I love it so much, but it's not quite "there" in terms of being a primary vehicle. It needs a hard top...the soft top is fine, but every time I park it in the city, it gets unzipped like a cheap purse and gone through for change and things of value. Once, someone decided not to use the zippers and just tore the side off the thing. In a rainstorm. THAT was fun...not. The extra comfort and "security" of a hard top would be nice, so I can at least leave my sunglasses in the dang thing when I get out. It also needs A/C. It doesn't get real hot here in the northwest, but anything over about 70 degrees makes it pretty warm inside that Jeep, and I wear nice clothes to work. It's not so great arriving in wrinkled clothes looking like I just came out of a sauna.

The Camaro is pretty much paid for...I owe a negligible amount. The Jeep is plenty right-side up. So...in terms of money I think it makes sense, except for buying a brand new Jeep part. But...there isn't really much in the way of used 3.6's with a manual, not locally anyway. I'd probably have to wait another year before they start popping up.

This is also my first new Camaro. It's Camaro #6 for me since I was 17. The used ones were much easier to get rid of, especially back when I was trading from a 3.8 up to an LS1.

Car buying shouldn't be emotional, but somehow it is for enthusiasts.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote