View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #14
PolishMike

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Ive said this in other threads -

Every time I see someone offer a MODIFICATION for a car someone asks if it will void the warranty. In short -
IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR WARRANTY 100% DO NOT MODIFY YOUR CAR

Every modification will void some part of your warranty. A dealer has no responsibility to fix, under warranty, anything that was modified after it left the dealership and trust me, they WILL use every excuse possible.

It is good to know your rights, but it takes money to use them and the dealerships know this. It is usually going to be cheaper to repair the car yourself than fight it out in court. I know that the dealer will eventually be required to pay lawyer fees IF you win, but you will still be out a lot of money up front and your car will be down in the meantime.

I have a decent background modifying cars and dealing with dealerships and my message is this - If you cannot afford to pay to fix something YOU broke modifying your car, DO NOT MODIFY IT.
IOM w/ White Stripes 2SS RS M6 #17772
Now - Stainless Works 2" Headers, Intake, Cam, tune, ect
And shepherds we shall be, For thee my lord for thee. Power has descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.In nomine Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti