View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 09:42 AM   #25
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
First of all, here's a recommendation from a different doctor. (BTW, what insurance do you have?)

I'm going to recommend going in a different direction. I changed the wheel and tire setup when the car was a few months old and have been very happy ever since. Daily street driving in my case improved tremendously. I changed wheel size to 20"x 10" and changed tire profile to 35. I went with a square setup of MPSS 285/35-20. This increased the tire diameter by 2" and effectively raised ride height by 1", while my speedometer is roughly off by 7%.

Benefits have been:
Less front scraping and ability to clear parking lot bump stops, minimal tramlining on roadway grooves, far more supple ride, square setup allows for tire rotation and prolonged tire life. Tires now have 18,000 miles and still have 50% treadlife remaining. No issues with tire rubbing.

This will allow retention of your stock suspension which I think is far preferable to modifying the car. You retain your stock 19" rims for later use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biergut View Post
+1 for this general idea.
Excellent idea!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote