View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
QUOTE=Sloppy Joe;507878]I just talked with a dealer a few days ago about a 2SS they had on their lot. I asked the price and the salesman says $7,000 over MSRP "market adjustment". I of course told them I wasn't interested in paying over MSRP, that was not good business, etc and left.

Today I got an email from the sales Mgr. at this dealer trying to justify the extra $7000 over MSRP. As you read his justification (below) for the $7,000 extra, keep in mind that the VIN of this particular car shows up as tagged to this dealer and only this dealer in the VIN tracking spreadsheet here on Camaro5. I think he is lieing when he says they bought it from another dealer from another state since it shows up on the tracking sheet as being their dealership's car. Based on that, is there any way what he says could be true?

Dear Sir,
I wanted to take a moment to clarify the pricing on the SS Camaro that you inquired about. All of our Camaro's are available at MSRP on an order basis. We have been taking these orders for almost a year now and unfortunately, have sold our allotment through approximately mid-November (depending on current production schedules remaining constant). The SS that you inquired about was purchased by us from a competing out of state dealer at a significant amount over MSRP. We purchased this car in order to meet the local demands of people wanting to see the Camaro more than our desire to sell this specific car. Having paid over sticker for it and having to absorb the cost of transporting the car. we now own the car for quite a bit over sticker, explaining why the price was quoted to you. This is the fourth Camaro that we have purchased and brought into the store and though our intention was to hold onto them, they have all sold on a fairly steady basis.

Sincerely,
Randall...
[/QUOTE]

wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote