View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #12
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I'd call that a major success for the first time ever. (I'm guessing you were running with Philly Region at Warminster Community Park).

Even this takes practice, and I'm going to suggest getting instructors who drive cars similar to yours (heavy, front engine, RWD) if at all possible.

Seat time. Learning how to make the best use of your course walks. Sometimes looking back helps you figure out where you needed the car to be back there in order to get it to the right place here, if that makes any sense.

One thing I used to do was draw my own course map during one of my walks. Always seemed that the harder sections to draw with any accuracy ended up being the more difficult sections to drive, and it never hurt to look at it between runs.

That's the real trophy.

Norm
Thanks Norm!

I think all the instructors/smart ones drive FRS/Miatias LOL.

Strangly enough, I did/do look back (I hike alot). It's still hard to visualize at speed. I did realize early on while walking the course that I needed something like a gps view of the course. the Android Torque app has this feature. I'm going to use it during the next course walk to see if I can better determine places I need to brake and turn or at the very least, get a better visualization of the course.

Thanks for the tips! These were great Norm.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote