View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
personally, I woulkd go with #1....and what I would do is to ensire that the Field Tech is there when you deliver the car to the dealer, and YOU and He/She go for a ride so that they can see the issies FIRST HAND, such that he will KNOW when it fixed to your satisfaction......and then if he/she can't accomplish that.....then #2 kicks in.
Good advice and I did tell the GM rep I would not drop the car off until the Field Tech was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
i would find out how much they are willing to contribute to a new camaro then make a decision,just make sure you put it back to 100% stock condition as GM will not pay you for those aftermarket parts.
I know the amount, and I'd be still short 3-4K on a trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Wow, what a let down. I've read all of your threads and understand why you're feeling the way that you do.

Like another poster has already said, give it one more try with a field tech and then a buy back would certainly be a fair final decision.

What car are you thinking about trying next? I ask because there are days when my SS acts up and I start to dream about an SRT8 Challenger.
I am thinking the same car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
If they will try to fix and then if that doesn't work will do a buy back....why wouldn't you do that?

When they say buy back, are they going to pay off your note and then cut you a check for the difference of what you paid?
no note, so a straight buy back, check for car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinva View Post
If you really do like the car, go with option 1 with the stipulation that if it does not work then you will exercise option 2 (as another person wrote).

FYI..I picked my 2013 SS last July 5. On July 12 it was back at the dealer for 8 days due to an Onstar issue. They tried replacing three different modules before replacing the mirror, which solved the issue.

Are you happy with the dealer? Is going to another dealer an option?

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
I happen to really like the SM at the dealer, he is a great guy, but maybe that is part of the problem. Maybe I am putting to much faith in his department because I happen to like him. Going to another dealer at this point would make little sense since GM would be sending a tech to supervise the repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Wow, talk about bad luck. 2 lemons? Are these cars known to be so troublesome?
The jury is still out if the 1st car was a lemon or just an incompetent mechanic. Allthough the latter seems to be the case from comments made by the SM.

Last edited by nyrfan; 06-05-2013 at 09:29 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote