View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #31
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I went to Eagles canyon raceway on Saturday the 13th of July and let's call it a learning day and a tuning day. First off let me say that when the car was running no one else had the raw power to run with it. Of course that is the way it should be when you have about 750 HP and TRQ, the problem was I could not string together very many laps without reduced power mode or completely shutting down of the car.

First Problem - track rubber of different height seemed completely incompatible with complex ZL1 traction control system. Stabilitrack errors kept putting car into low power mode unless car was put in traction off. I know others must have found a fix for this and did a search but didn't hit the right thread any help?

Second Problem with spring tension on throttle body that kept fighting with the traction control and killing engine completely. Engine would not even turn over until it sat long enough to clear the code or be towed off the race track. (another story here) Andy @ ADM replaced throttle body have not retested or had problem since.

Third - Air intake temps out of parameter to the point engine is shut off. Balooned Lingenfelter coolant reservoir, Lost about 1/2 gal of coolant which was enough to be below pump volume. Need way closer monitoring of intake temps.

Good news - Brakes are amazing. Oil temp never above 210. Engine water temp never above halfway in the little gauge under the tach.

I know it is frustrating being on the track and running your limited laps under caution. I apologize to anyone who may have been there and reading this post for the inconvenience I caused. I'm tryng to make arrangement to get out on a low volume members day to be sure the bugs are worked out before I try to run with the masses again on open track days.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote