View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 05:59 PM   #32
Bone Stock

Drives: 2015 Z28 Red Hot #1179 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls_Camaro View Post
Wow what a deal, such a beautiful car the Z28 just sticks out and commands attention! I love how big and wide that car is. In person it’s like Hummer H1 wide. So now since owning the Z28 after the ZL1 how do the two cars compare in your opinion? Does the Z28 feel just as fast as the ZL1? Do you feel after having the Z28 you couldn’t go back to the ZL1? Are there things you miss about the ZL1 that the Z28 may lack?
I’m probably going to be chastised for this, but I don’t get a chance to drive the Z28 too much. Owning it for 4 years I’ve only got 2100 miles on it. I’m not trying to preserve miles on it, it’s just that I don’t get a chance often enough to drive it. That being said, each and every time I do get to drive it is a special experience regardless if I’m going slow, taking it for a quick trip, or anytime. It’s usually always the same...roll down both windows, start it up, listen to the exhaust, shut off the auto headlights and start driving.

I’m not saying anything different that many already say, but the Z28 is just a bare bones, mean machine. I makes no excuses or compromises (ok, well the A/C was a compromise). The fact that it doesn’t have a built in garage door opener (like the ZL1) makes me think I’m in a 1993 Toyota Camry...until I blip the throttle...then realize the machine I’m in.

I’m pretty simple...I don’t really care if a Tesla is faster, or that this <insert latest car here> lapped the Nurburgring in this time...the Z28 is one of the rare cars that connects directly to your emotions. The same emotions that don’t care about MPG, how much the car weighs, how many people you can carry, or resale value. If cars were valued on emotional merit, the Z28 would be one of those cars with tremendous value. I would categorize the Ford GT350R as one of those cars...and I’ve never even been in one (yet).

The answers to your questions you have to ask yourself. What is this car going to do for you? I miss nothing from the ZL1 because I have everything I want in a daily in my Gen2 Ford Raptor. However, if I want the feeling of unadulterated driving, the Z28 comes out.
'15 Z28 Red Hot #1179 (sold)
'14 ZL1 Summit White, Recaros, 6M (sold)
Bone Stock is offline   Reply With Quote