View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #12
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post

Check out the above video. It captures the heavenly passion and excitement of driving like no other video ever has. It's precisely why Top Gear should keep its winning formula.

For those who had never previously seen Top Gear or understood what kind of show it is, watch the video and understand. I think that TV is not the right medium to do serious car reviews. TV is a shared medium - shared with the family, whereas the Internet is a solitary medium and therefore the Internet is a better medium for serious car reviews. TV is the perfect medium to have a shared experience, which is why Top Gear is so brilliant: it's a show everyone can enjoy.

Top Gear allows me to experience cars and driving, not just know about them in my head. Thank-you Top Gear!
+1 .. I haven't seen too many Top Gears that I haven't liked .. My favorite is when the did the Carrera GT. To me, GOD himself touched the exhaust note on this car.

I love the show .. I don't always agree with them and they do put on a SHOW for sure, but when it comes to attempting to experience cars I will never own .. I think it works!

Crowley