Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
T
T
T
T

Noone denies the first 4.
5 is the standard answer, because that is usually how insurance works.
Call your OWN insurance provider, and run the scenario by them.

I called my State Farm agent, and they said this is called "subrogation." Hope I spelled it right...

They, as insurance for the car, would pay the claim, and then go after the dealer's insurance (subrogation) to cover the loss.

She mentioned another scenario she recently had...

Valet parker takes car for a joyride vs parking it, and damaged it. She (SF) paid the claim, and they went after the Hotel for recovery of damages.

She mentioned specifically, "Custody, Care, and Control" in regards to both scenarios, first being dealer responsibility, second being the hotel responsibility, in those two cases.

A little clearer?

She said it also MAY depend upon the particular insurance. She said SF does it as a matter of course, as it would speed things up, vs the lossee having to sue the at-fault party's insurance, and dragging it out if they weren't paying the loss in a timely manner.
So, what you are saying is that 5 is also true?
Now, back to when you called me ignorant. I'm not clear on your logic here. You've validated all 5 statements as true and called me ignorant. Much appreciated on that. Thanks.

5 is still true. (I've always known that, tyvm. but shouldn't the dealer offer up their insurance information? As I understand it, they did not. <insert one of your scenarios> 2 parties, accident, exchange information <end scenario> That's just ballsy rude. Did the dealer offer their information?)