View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 08:29 PM   #7
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
From the pic it doesn't look like it's through the clear, I'd clay they area all around it, wipe down with IPA to remove any wax/sealant left, and then use a DA (I'm assuming you have one) with a microfiber cutting pad.
I actually took a smaller length, but similar looking scratch off today using Megs D300 compound (It's a little less aggressive than M105), with their microfiber cutting pad. Took 4 passes with very slow arm speed, used speed 5 and it was gone.
The biggest thing is to figure out what caused it, so you won't do it again.
You mentioned you bought a grit guard, did you get just one? If so you'll want another for the rinse bucket as well.
Inspect your mitt/wash pad thoroughly prior to using, and after rinsing to make sure you have no debris on it. When using it do not apply a lot of pressure to the paint, just glide it slowly across, rinsing it often.
I see you have a convertible, I would use a different mitt/wash pad for the paint then what I use on the top, as loose impediments can gather easily on convertible tops.
When drying blot or drag the towel across the paint with very light/no pressure.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote