View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #21
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
My questions is: 1) Why has a production version been privately shown to dealers already as reported on C5 if it's not ready?
2) Oshawa plant line was reported to be down in January for convertible retooling as reported here on C5; are they waiting for one to actually roll off the line before showing anyone?
3) Bankruptcy has nothing to due with the fact that this car IS going to be produced (suppposedly in less than a year) Why hasn't there been a Auto show reveal yet? (Unless it's going to be delayed)

I'm guessing most of this is marketing statagy (for whatever reason) versus actually having a production version ready for showing. Just my 2 cents (again)
The production version of the Volt was seen last summer and the car isn't out until the end of this year, and there has been plenty of work done on the car since. The assembly line for the coupe was in place for about a year before the first production car came off the line. It takes time to calibrate the robots and train the workers. Yes, bankruptcy delayed the car. When the supplier of the convertible mechanism goes bankrupt it slows things down, particularly when GM had just finished their own bankruptcy. But this was at an earlier stage, before confirmation of a production date so saying they couldn't really say how long it would be delayed. As it was, it would probably be going into production in the very near future. Now it is slated to enter production early next year (before the end of March 2011)

Delaying the convertible isn't really of any benefit to GM. There is obvious demand for the car so they will sell it as soon as they can.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote