View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
B1G-AL

Drives: 09 Bullitt, 08 H3 Alpha, Ram SS/T
Mods cont.

After purchasing the Camaro in October I drove it up to mid December and then parked it for the winter. When all the salt was finally gone around April I drove the car for another month until I started getting into some modding. My first mod of the spring were these rear window louvers I picked up on Ebay for $300:

The louvers are held down by brackets that are 3M taped to the rear window. You can un-screw the louvers from the brackets to clean the rear window which is a nice feature!

Shortly after the louvers I bought pre-cut tint layers for the tail lights, rear marker lights, and bowties:

The install was simple enough but rather annoying at times. I used soapy water to apply the tint layers and then dried them to the lights with a heat gun...patience payed off and there are virtually no bubbles!

Soon after I blacked out the Camaro my K&N Typhoon CAI came in...

As with any K&N product the installation was a breeze and gave the Camaro a much deeper note when accelerating and the awesome CAI whistle!

Rather than tinting the front fender marker lights to match the rear, I decided to buy some euro-clear marker lights to match the clearness of the head lights/grille marker lights

When the summer weather finally rolled around I started having some heat soak issues with the K&N CAI due to it's lousy heat shield...it would be burning hot after an average drive...so much for taking in cold air! After a little research my solution was to insulate the heat shield to keep the hot air from the engine compartment & radiator out and the cool air inside the intake chamber in:

It looks a little tacky but I don't open the hood at car shows anyway so it's fineeee...and yes it works! The CAI is cool to the touch after a long drive!

In the near future I'm planning on purchasing the MRT V2 axle-back exhaust kit along with JBA shorty headers. I plan on relocating the washer fluid tank to give the CAI more room to breathe. I also have a custom shift knob coming in sometime mid July. More updates coming soon!

Last edited by B1G-AL; 06-28-2011 at 12:25 PM.
B1G-AL is offline   Reply With Quote