View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
.Hack

Drives: Ford Mustang GT 2006 MT
Why you like Muscle Cars?

Ok ok... first of all I don't live in the USA and things down here in my country are quite different.. i.e: people don't buy muscle cars, nor they even know the difference between a camaro or a mustang (although they love them -the muscle cars-), german cars are loved, japanese are hated but they're cheaper so we buy them -a lot-, and most most people, including me, we won't even know much about that muscle car war of yours (that's why me, always a Mustang fan -and owner- won't have any problems driving a Camaro).. but anyways, the few of us who knows at least "something" here, we always come with the same question...

"Why we like muscle cars so much?"... why?

I mean.. look at those numbers a Subaru STI or a Mitsubishi EVO can get (300HP with an engine so so small, 400HP on a EVO FQ-400 with 4cil and 2 liters...). Look at the weight, the handling (a very nice handling because of the weight difference when compared to american cars)..

Even though japanese numbers are so great, japanese handling is so good (have you seeen that Subaru vs Shelby comparisson? i'm gonna look for it and post the link later) and that stuff... we simply... feel.. i don't know, "attracted" to muscle cars... why? what do we like bout them? I mean.. I have a Mustang GT in here, it wasn't even expensive to buy it and import it here... but everyone, on their mercedes, or subaru's (sti ones, quiiite fast) stare at it and ask me to sell it to them (and their cars are so much more expensive... but people don't get to see many muscle cars here too, almost.. none)...
what is what makes Muscle Cars so attractive to look at it, so fun to drive and makes you feel so good and so pride to have one?? tell me! what is it!

P.S: My english's not so good so please forgive any misspellings I may make.