View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 04:04 PM   #36
HsvGts

Drives: ZLJuan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKGBAD View Post
Nothing against busting your ass and working OT. I did it for years. My GF still does. I still cannot see the justification in paying a police officer $243,000 a year. Pharmacists at my company top out at 120 with the mandatory overtime my company requires. This cop makes double what someone who dedicated 6-8 years of their life to learn makes.

It's not about me comparing myself or anyone else to him, it's about what is a livable wage and what should be a fair salary for the job they do. Electricians and loggers have more dangerous jobs than police do, and they make less than 1/3rd of what that cop makes.
Like anything else the location has an effect. The cost of living, especially housing in Baltimore is extremely high. I'd bet that their entry level officer is going to make more than in other areas of the country.

Can't agree with your other point. Just because someone chooses to spend extra years in school shouldn't mean they make more money. Being a Pharmacist doesn't sound like a very difficult or demanding job compared to putting your life on the line daily in Baltimore.
2015 335 Msport
2008 Charger Superbee
2006 Jeep Srt8
1976 Corvette L82
2008 Altima coupe
HsvGts is offline   Reply With Quote