View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Thumbs up Good News For The QC Cars - ALL cars in QC hold to ship within 10 days

Ok, I just spoke to John Fitzpatrick on the phone about an hour ago. For those of you who don't know who he is, he is GM's Marketing Manager. I had sent an e-mail Ed Peper, he actually received the e-mail and instructed Mr Fitzpatrick to call me.

The whole reason for me writing to Ed Peper was in response of an e-mail he sent to, i'm guessing, all current GM owners letting us know that GM is in to win and will survive these tough economic times. I was able to reply to that message and it actually got to him.

The reason I wrote to him was to express my anger over being told by my dealer that my car would arrive on a certain date. It's not the dealer's fault, they were sent an e-mail saying the car had been shipped and had a arrival date. That was GM's fault for providing incorrect information.

Because of this information, I moved back to Oregon from Colorado a week early so I could be here when the car got here, I drove all night 18 hours with my GF following in my Colorado. It really wasn't an inconvenience I had to make the move anyway but I expedited things and ruched things because I thought my car was going to be there when I got back. When it wasn't there the day after the expected day, my dealer called DBC to find that it was still in Oshawa for QC.

Anyway, with this all aside, John called me and assured me that ALL the cars in QC hold are expected to ship within the next 10 days if not sooner. They are working very hard at getting these cars inspected and on their way. They know we are upset watching others that ordered later or didn't order at all get cars while we are still waiting.

They also know that this launch and communication has not gone well but they are trying to learn from it in an attempt to keep it from happening this way again. He did say my car was not there for any particular QC issue, it was chosen at random to get a thorough inspection.

It does make me feel better to know that because of this delay, I am getting a much more thorough inpection than most cars and this in itself should give me one of the best of the best. On these cars, they are checking the battery cable issue, the steering pump issue, any body alignment issues, the brakes, the transmissions, and the list goes on. It will be worth the wait to know I shouldn't have problems after I take delivery of this car.

Although the wait sucks, in the end we can be assured we are getting a near flawless machine. I for one, have never threatened to , nor has the thought even crossed my mind to give up and buy something else, I want and I am getting the car I ordered nearly 8 months ago. All of us that have been waiting, they wait is almost over. I do feel a lot better after talking to mr Fitzpatrick.