Thread: Tampa Tuning
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
DiverDan53

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Tampa Tuning

Had my 2014 2SS tuned by Phil @ Tampa Tuning this morning. My car never ran this well when it was new. I had long tubes, high flow cats, new mufflers and CAI installed so it was time for a pro tuner. Phil did an amazing job and now my care is �� at it's full potential. Phil takes his time and explains every step. It was fun to watch him do his thing and you can tell he loves what he's doing. For a superior tuning experience Phil's your guy .
This is a list of what Phil did today:
1)This is a run down of what I did to your car:
2)Increased the cooling fan rate and percentage the fans come on
3)I cut down your shift times, and reduced the strategies of Torque Management on the engine and transmission so it doesn't interfere with the Camaros performance
4) The more throttle you apply, the firmer the shift will be.
5) I increased the shift MPH in the M mode by 200 RPMs and let the D mode at stock levels 6000/6200 RPMs
6) Turned off the DoD/ AFM on the transmission side
7) Turned off all the codes related to your modifications
8) Disable or reduced several Torque Management setting on the Engine side that play a role on how the transmission shifts.
9) Reduced the roll of the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor not to remove as much timing in hot Florida driving.
10) Added some idle timing to make idle smoother
11) Added more timing to WOT so the Camaro made more power
12) Disable the DoD/ AFM on the Engine side
13) Removed the delay into Power Enrichment
14) Made the Power Enrichment target 12.5 at Wide Open. I like it a little richer than the internet says to make it, but that's why Ive never blown an engine.
15) Reduced the DFCO to eliminate most of the popping sound when you get off the throttle.
16) Dial in your MAF sensor. When you arrived, you were adding about 6% fuel while cruising, and Wide open was 8 % off. Now its perfect cruising and WOT.
17) We did 7 WOT pulls to give me the data I needed for wide open calibration.
18) Our tuning session was two hours and 15 minutes from start to finish.
19) Backed up all your tunes to two separate external hard drive so it's never lost.

Last edited by DiverDan53; 04-28-2019 at 04:55 PM.
DiverDan53 is offline   Reply With Quote