View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 02:38 AM   #61
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
How did I miss this thread??

Great build thread... don't know how I missed it.

I was at the meet when the LMR guys got the call and took off to go back to the car on fire. Never saw any pics of it until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACH View Post
BMR subframe inserts and diff. bushings ordered thru 510 to go along with the gear install - more money up front but it only makes sense to do it while the diff is out. I only went with the inserts because I want my cake and to eat it too. We'll see if that works, but I don't AutoX or track the car really (maybe once a year if that) so no need for the solid mounts that transmit more noise into the cabin.

...and just so you know the club just purchased Auto-X equipment so you might get to put this stuff to use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACH View Post
got the car back from 510 today. drives great. I can tell the gearing is different, but I haven't really got on it yet. Randy said to heat cycle it a few times. Poor me, guess I'll have to go for a good drive in the morning.

And no noticeable difference in noise level or ride quality from the upgraded diff bushings and cradle inserts.

THANKS TO RANDY @ http://www.510raceengineering.com/

Great choice with 510... I plan to make a trip down to their shop next week with Jerry and Chris. Hope to see more guys from the club going there.