View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #55
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
It needs to drop all that leather interior and lose some weight in places other than wheels and rotors. Cloth buckets with mechanical adjustments, no seat warmers, etc. All that stuff adds weight. Yes, I know they've made the ZL1 perform thus far with heavy weight in it, but, that will add extra wear on the systems, even if they're designed for it. You can't add mass without it effecting something somewhere. It may be faster tire wear, shorter lasting bushings, more frequent fluid changes, etc.. It always has to be accounted for.

Not every model Camaro needs to be a luxury coupe on the inside.. It looks like it's trying to be a ZL1 minus the LSA engine.

I think it's a nice start, but I personally would just like to see it go more towards performance considerations than creature comforts. 2LT/2SS and ZL1 are pretty much already that in the V6/V8 world.
Yeah, I remember the 4th gen 1LE didn't have accessories like power windows and AC, had bigger sway bars and a stiff suspension. That made it a pure track car. If they do it with the 5th gen, that would be cool...not to mention shave off some weight. Remember the B4C police package. Similar...almost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
disagree
I second your disagreement. Make it a pure race car like the SSX minus the rear wing and you got a nice track car. Who needs power windows anyway. AC is nice option but not needed.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote