View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #56
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Thank you

Mike,

Fbodfather said it so well.

I was sad to hear that the Camaro is no longer going to be built in Canada. My first thought was for people's jobs, I hope it all works out that nobody who doesn't want to leave the plant doesn't have to.

Owning the Camaro you and Team Oshawa built for me has been and is one of the most satisfying automotive experiences of my life. The hard work and love of your work really shows in the final product. You have created another legend, the 5th generation Camaro. Nobody can ever take that away from Oshawa. In these days of disappearing monikers, the fact that a 6th generation Camaro will follow is a testament to all your hard work and dedication.

It was an honor and privilege getting to meet you, Linda, and the other members of Team Oshawa. I look forward to our future get-togethers - the BBOMG events are awesome! What you started will live on for generations to come.

Nothing comes close to the experience of driving my own SS Camaro Convertible, the car I could only dream about when I played with Hot Wheels in 1970 and then couldn't afford any new car in the late '70s and early '80s. Thank you for making my dream and many others' come true! But what really matters most is what you've done and continue to do for the military and charities - thank you for being such a source of inspiration to so many people.

And I know you're going to be right here - looking forward to hearing about what you'll be building next! Best wishes to you and your family for safe and happy holidays, Mike.